Poivron Farci Recipe
Provencal French cuisine
Recipe (12 servings 12 large red or yellow bell peppers)
200 g lean salt pork [petit salé maigre]
300 g rice [riz]
100 g parmesan [parmesan]
3 onion [oignon]
4 bell peppers sliced
4 eggs [oeuf]|
2 cloves garlic [ail]
6 leaves basil [basilic]
4 Tblsp olive oil for cooking [huile d'olive]
salt, pepper [sel, poivre]
Differences from the generic stuffing: increased quantities of ingredients; sliced bell peppers; no bread crumbs.
1. Large bell peppers to be stuffed: slice off the top of the at the stem end, clean out the insides well, wash thoroughly and dry.
2. Prepare the stuffing (farce):
- Heat the olive oil in a cooking pot. Add in the chopped meat, chopped onion, chopped basil, sliced peppers and the uncooked rice. Stir until everything's hot, then add in 75 cl (3 cups) water and bring to a boil. Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool, then stir in well the beaten eggs, parmesan, salt and pepper.
3. Stuff the bell peppers, lay them on their sides and bake in a low oven, 15 minutes on each side.
|Conversions||30 g = 1 oz = 2 Tbs||180 g = 6 oz = 3/4 cup|
|1 kg = 2.2 lbs||1 lt = 1.06 qt||60 g = 2 oz = 1/4 cup||225 g = 8 oz = 1 cup|
|0.45 kg = 1 lb||0.95 lt = 1 qt||115 g = 4 oz = 1/2 cup||450 g = 16 oz = 1 pint|