| Sites Main-page | Sites A-Z | Abbeys, Chapels | Bridges, Dams | Chateaux, Forts | Gorges, Clues | Islands | Lakes | Mountains | Observatories | Plains, Parks | Rivers, Waterfalls | Roman Sites | Unusual Sites | Valleys |
• Benva Chapel
[area map] - This lovely little chapel sits in the woods beside the D50 road a couple of km west of Lorgues. The simple two-story building has a large covered porch with 16th-century frescos.
• Boscodon Abbey [area map] - 12th-century Dominican Abbey in the forest of the Haute Alpes, near the Lac de Serre Ponçon and Embrun.
• Chartreuse Durbon
• Fontenay Abbey [area map]
• Fontfroid Abbey
[area map] - The Fontfroid Abbey (Abbaye Sainte-Marie de Fontfroide) is a 12th-century Cistercian monastery located about 15 km southwest of Narbonne, in the eastern Pyrénées region of France. Inside the abbey is a magnificent church, a beautiful cloister and other rooms to visit, as well as a large bookshop and a restaurant.
• Notre-Dame de Valvert (Chapelle de)à Allos
• Notre-Dame des Fontaines (Chapelle)
• Our Lady of the Annunciation
• Saint Cassien Hermitage
• Saint Eusèbe Abbey
• Saint Hilaire Abbey
• Saint Martin Chapel (Chapel Saint Martin) [area map] - The Saint Martin Chapel is an 11th-12th century Romanesque chapel ruins beside the village of St Victor-la-Coste. The remaining section of ruins of the stone chapel include the apse and most of the tall bell tower, still impressive after about a thousand years.
• Saint Pons Chapel
• Sainte-Madeleine du Barroux
• Senanque Abbey (Abbaye de Senanque)
[Gordes Area Map] - 12th-century Cistercian abbey in the Vaucluse, near Gordes. One of the "three sisters of Provence" ("les trois soeurs provençales") Cistercian abbeys.
• Silvacane Abbey (Abbaye de Silvacane) [area map] - Former 12th-century Cistercian monastery in the Bouches-du-Rhône, northwest of Aix-en-Provence. One of the "three sisters of Provence" ("les trois soeurs provençales") Cistercian abbeys.
• Vézelay Abbey [area map] - The Vézela abbey church and the hill are a World Heritage site.