Rail travel in Provence is excellent along the coast or the Rhône valley [Provence Rail Map]. Rail service along this line is frequent and fast.
The SNCF information number for the Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur (PACA) region is 0800 114 023 (free).
Note - On 11 December 2011, schedules were changed for 85% of the SNCF trains in France. Be sure you check the latest schedules for your trip.
The Rail-Travel Pages
- Chemins de Fer de Provence (Train de Pignes) - Official schedules, prices, information (French, English, Italian)
- RailEurope (Eurorail) - "your european rail experts"
- SNCF - The French Railway for schedules, tickets (French, English, others...)
- TER PACA - Trains Express Regional - PACA region. Bus and Train Schedules and information (French, English)
- Train des Merveilles TER - the Nice-Breil-Tende train on the official TER web (French)
- Train des Pignes - Beyond page (English) Trains
- FACS-UNECTO: Chemins de Fer Touristiques et Secondaires - sites about all the smaller trains in France, including the Train des Pignes (French)
- Trains Vapeur (Steam Trains) Limousin - in Limousin - Périgord: South-Central France (French)
Links verified 12 December, 2011, updated 21 July, 2014.