| Sites Main-page | Sites A-Z | Abbeys, Chapels | Bridges, Dams | Chateaux, Forts | Gorges, Clues | Islands | Lakes | Mountains | Observatories | Plains, Parks | Rivers, Waterfalls | Roman Sites | Unusual Sites | Valleys |
• Allos Lake (Lac d'Allos) [area map] - The Lac d'Allos is located about 12 km northeast of Allos village, up the little D226 road (direction Villard). At the end of the road, which is inside the Parc de Mercantour, you park and hike in for 30 minutes on a good wide trail.
• Carcès Lake (Lac de Carcès)
[area map] - Carcès lake (Lac de Carcès) is located just 3 km southeast of Carcès village. The lake is about 3 km long, twisting along between the forested hills that once lined the small-river valleys that were dammed in 1936. There is no boating, water sports or swimming at Lac de Carcès, but the fishing is good.
• Castillon Lake [p14, SE]
• Esparron Lake
• Quinson Lake
• Sainte Croix Lake (Lac de Sainte Croix) [area map] - This beautiful and man-made lake in the Var, close to Moustiers-Ste-Marie and the Gorges du Verdon is popular for water sports; motor boats are not allowed.
• Sainte Marguerite Lake [n15, S]
• Serre-Ponçon Lake (Lac de Serre-Ponçon)
[area map] - This lake is formed by a dam (the Barrage de Serre-Ponçon) on the Durance river, at the northern edge of the Alpes-de-Haute-Provence and the southern edge of the Haute-Alpes.