Sites Main-page |
Sites A-Z |
Abbeys, Chapels |
Bridges, Dams |
Chateaux, Forts |
Gorges, Clues |
Plains, Parks |
Rivers, Waterfalls |
Roman Sites |
Unusual Sites |
Plus Beaux Villages |
Plus Beaux Detours |
World Heritage Sites |
• Adrets Dolmen [area map] - Three dolmens in the hills near Brignoles and Le Val (Var).
• Barry troglodyte village [area map] - Sitting on a forested hill in the northwestern-most corner of the Vaucluse is an ancient troglodyte village that's very picturesque and historically interesting: it was inhabited continuously from the Neolithic until the early 20th century.
• Boussière Dolmen [q14, S] - A small Neolithic dolmen without capstone, in the hills east of the Var village of Cabasse.
• Causse Oppidum [area map] - Chacolithic period habitation site in the Languedoc-Roussillon.
• Le Coulet Menhir [q11, NW] - Four Neolithic standing stones on the Causse du Larzac.
• Dolmen - Megalithic tomb structures of of stone walls and stone table.
• Ferrussac Dolmen [q11, NW] - A pair of Neolithic dolmens, one with two layers and a complex entry.
• Gastée Dolmen [q14, S] - A Neolithic dolmen in the hills a couple of km east of the Var village of Cabasse.
• Megalith - Megalithic tomb structures of of stone walls and stone table.
• Menhir - Ancient megalithic standing stones.
• Nages Oppidum [q11, NE] - A large, complex pre-Roman defensive site on the hill beside Nages-et-Solorgues, on the plains southwest of Nîmes.
• Prunarede Dolmen [q11, NW] - A nice example of a Neolithic burial dolmen, in the scrub lands past a local bergerie.
• Riens Dolmen [q14, NE] - A nicely structured dolmen (but missing the capstone) close to Mons village, in the northeast corner of the Var.
• Terriers Menhirs [q14, SE] - This group of 9 small Neolithic menhirs are located in the Maures hills, south of Draguignan and Les Arcs.
• Tumulus - Megalithic tomb structures of of stone walls and stone table.
• Verdon Museum of Prehistory (Musée de la Préhistoire des Gorges du Verdon) [area map]