Lozère (48150) Population: 153
Le Rozier is a small village in a magnificent location, at the junction of the south end of the Tarn Gorges and the west end of the Jonte Gorges. There's not actually much village to visit here, but it is a popular stopping place for passing tourists, with its shops, dining, lodging, and outfitters for kayaking and other outdoor sports.
Vultures of Le Rozier
In the Jonte Gorges 4 km east of Le Rozier is Le Belvédère des Vautours, a site where you can learn about the vultures that live in the cliffs of the Méjean Causse plateau that extends to the north from this canyon.
Fun - Amusement - Kids
Home of the Vultures
This site has exibitions and videos for learning about vultures, and an observation platform across from a cliff where vultures nest. There's a wonderful view of the magnificient Jonte Gorges.
• Location: Le Truel hamlet, in the Jonte Gorges, 3.7 km east of Le Rozier; 17 km west of Meyrueis.
• Open: End of March to beginning of November; about 10h - 17h.
• Closed: Mondays in April, May, June, Sept, Oct.
• Entry: €6.50 adults; kids (5-12), €3.00
• Email: email@example.com
• Web: www.vautours-lozere.com
Stage 14 of the 2015 cycling Tour de France passed through Rozier.