Serves: 12 (6 tomatoes)
50 g lean salt pork [petit salé maigre]
50 g beef
100 g pork
100 g parmesan
2 onions [oignons]
2 cloves garlic [l'ail]
olive oil for cooking [huile d'olive]
salt, pepper [sel, poivre]
1. Cut six tomatoes in half vertically, wash and dry. Remove the seeds from inside each half and leave to dry for 30 minutes, or put into a warm grill to evaporate the water.
2. Prepare the stuffing (farce):
- Clean and peel the two tomatoes for the stuffing.
- In a cooking pot put two tablespoons of olive oil, the well-chopped meat, chopped garlic, chopped onions and the two peeled tomatoes. Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes, then cool slowly.
- Add in the beaten eggs, parmesan, salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Stuff the tomatoes and put in an oiled baking dish, putting some olive oil on top of each. Bake in a medium oven for 30 minutes.
|Conversions||30 g = 1 oz = 2 Tbs||180 g = 6 oz = 3/4 cup|
|1 kg = 2.2 lbs||1 lt = 1.06 qt||60 g = 2 oz = 1/4 cup||225 g = 8 oz = 1 cup|
|0.45 kg = 1 lb||0.95 lt = 1 qt||115 g = 4 oz = 1/2 cup||450 g = 16 oz = 1 pint|