Saint Remy-de-Provence Museums
Saint Remy-de-Provence has a great selection of museums to visit and tours to take. A good start would be to visit the Office de Tourism, in the paking lot just south of the old town (a 5-minute walk out Ave Pasteu or Ave Durand Maillane). You can pick up maps and brochures, and check on the times of the next guided tours.
Discover more in ProvenceBeyond
Archeology Museum - Musée Archéologique
- Greek and Roman artifacts from Glanum; prehistoric room
- Location: Rue du Parage, in the 15th-century Hotel de Sade
- Open: Apr-Dec; 1-hr guided visits In June 2007 this was marked "For reasons of security the Hotel de Sade is closed to the public". No dates or other information is given.
- Tel: 0490 926 404
Aromas of Provence - Musée des Aromes de Provence
- Perfumes and distillery museum, Laboratory Florame
- Location: 34 Bvd Mirabeau
- Open: 10h-12h, 15h-18h; guided visit by reservation
- Tel: 0490 924 870; Fax: 0490 92 48 80
Collegiale Saint Martin - Grand Orgue (Organ)
- Organ concerts, on this 5000-pipe organ, are given every Saturday, 17h30, from June-Sept.
Hotel Estrine - Van Gogh
- Hommage to Vincent Van Gogh. and expositions of contemporary artists
- Location: The 18th-century hotel is in the old village
- Open: Mar-Dec, Tue-Sun: 10h-12h, 15h-19h
- Tel: 0490 923 472
- Guided Tour - The Time of Nostradamus - 1h30
- Open: Fri: 10h, by reservation at the Office de Tourisme
- Languages: English, French, German, Provençal
Notre Dame de Pitie Chapelle
- Paintings and portraits in a 12th-13th century chapel
- Open: Oct-Mar: 10h30-12h30; Apr-Sept: 10h30-12h30, 15h-19h
Pyramide Farmhouse - Mas de la Pyramide
- A 20m high carved stone; presentation of Roman and Pre-Roman stone work
- Location: Located at the Roman quarry of Glanum.
- Open: Summer: 9h-12h, 14h-19h; Winter: 9h-12h, 14h-17h
- Tel: 0490 920 081
- This 12th-century ex-monastery is now a "maison de santé", famous for having housed Vincent Van Gogh (1889-1890) and Doctor Albert Schweitzer (1914-1918)
- Location: Beside the Roman site of Glanum, about 800 m south of St Remy. You can park there, or it's about a 20-minute walk out from the Office de Tourism.
- Open: 9h-12, 14h-18h
- Entry: 4 euros
- Monastery Saint-Paul-de-Mausole (Provence-Beyond page)
Van Gogh Sites Tour
- Guided Tour of Sites Painted by Van Gogh - 1h30
- Open: Tue and Thur: 10h; Sat: 10h, 17h, by reservation at the Office de Tourisme
- Languages: English, French, German, Provençal, Spanish
Alpilles Museum - Musée des Alpilles
- Arts et Traditions populaires: costumes, furniture, local crafts, santons, minerals from the Alpilles, Nostradamus documents.
- Location: Place Favier
- Open: Apr-June, Sept-Oct: 10h-12h, 14h-18h July-Aug: 10h-12h, 15h-20h Nov-Dec: 10h-12h, 14h-17h
- Closed: 1 mai et 25 décembre; mois de janvier et février
- Entry: free
- Tel: 0490 920 810