Notre-Dame du Revest is a small stone chapel built in the 12th century, from the ruins of its 11th-century predecessor. The building is completely restored, with stone buttresses, and sits on a nice grassy area beside the D561 road just west of Esparron-de-Pallières in the Var.
The chapel was listed as an historical monument in 1926. It's open, grassy location is backed by vineyards, rising to low wooded hills.
The ancient cemetery, surrounded by intact stone walls, abuts the back side of the chapel.
The preceding structure was a monastery, and belonged to the Abbey Saint-Victor of Marseillaise in the year 1030.
Several centuries earlier, this was the site of a large Gallo-Roman villa.