Basic French (not Provencal) pastry.
Preparation: 30 min, 4-6 hours before baking
Cooking: 40-50 min
Recipe (for 500 g. dough)
350 flour [farine]|
8 Tblsp olive oil [huile d'olive]
20 cl milk [lait]
20 g baker's yeast [levure de boulanger]
1. Put the baker's yeast into 1/4 of the warm milk to disolve.
2. Put the flour onto the work surface. Pour the milk-yeast onto the flour and mix it in, and then mix in the rest of the milk, the olive oil and the salt.
3. Knead the mixture by banging it onto the surface so it sticks, pull it to stretch it out, and then fold it back over itself, continuing until the dough is smooth
4. Form the dough into a ball, cover it with a cloth and leave it in a warm place for 2 hours. -- to double in volume.
5. Prepare the pissaladière contents while the dough is rising.
|Conversions||30 g = 1 oz = 2 Tbs||180 g = 6 oz = 3/4 cup|
|1 kg = 2.2 lbs||1 lt = 1.06 qt||60 g = 2 oz = 1/4 cup||225 g = 8 oz = 1 cup|
|0.45 kg = 1 lb||0.95 lt = 1 qt||115 g = 4 oz = 1/2 cup||450 g = 16 oz = 1 pint|