This mushroom and salt-cod tarte looks fairly simple and sounds good. We havn't made it ourselves -- yet.
Recipe (6 servings)
400 g pâte brisée
500 g salt cod filets [morue]
500 g mushrooms
1/3 - 1 dl béchamel à la crème fraîche
100 g grated cheese [fromage râpé]|
30 g butter [beurre]
1 clove garlic [ail]
salt, pepper [sel, poivre]
Begin desalting the cod (morue) the night before by soaking it and changing the water several times.
1. Roll out the dough (Pâte brisée) and press it into a buttered tarte mold. Bake until "just" done (cuire à blanc).
2. Put the cod filets in a pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Let the water cool, then remove the them and strip out the bones.
3. Prepare a bechamel sauce, but replacing the milk with crème fraîche.
4. Clean and slice the mushrooms. Cook together in a frying pan the butter and mushrooms. When they're about done, add the crushed garlic.
5. Mix in the bechamel sauce, 3/4 of the grated cheese and the morue.
6. Put the mixture in the pre-cooked tarte, sprinkle the rest of the grated cheese on top and cook in a very hot oven for 15 minutes.
|Conversions||30 g = 1 oz = 2 Tbs||180 g = 6 oz = 3/4 cup|
|1 kg = 2.2 lbs||1 lt = 1.06 qt||60 g = 2 oz = 1/4 cup||225 g = 8 oz = 1 cup|
|0.45 kg = 1 lb||0.95 lt = 1 qt||115 g = 4 oz = 1/2 cup||450 g = 16 oz = 1 pint|